Notepad Chaos theme version 2 coming soon

So after a huge amount of demand; I’ll be doing a massive update to the Notepad Chaos theme. I’ll be adding new templates, dynamic sidebars, room for advertising space, and any extras and odds and ends I can think of.

You’ll be able to grab it hear, and once finished, I’ll be forwarding the new files to Smashing Magazine as well.

I won’t be updating the blogger version however, since my knowledge of that platform is nil.

Keep checking here for updates!

Comments: 23
  • 11 years ago

Hello Evan, is there a way to make the Notepad Chaos also running for Internet E. 6.0? php proplem?

Best regards Walter

• 11 years ago

I’m very excited to hear this. I am a huge fan of this theme and I look forward to seeing this new version. More power to you!

• Kit
    11 years ago

This is wonderful news. I have wanted to use Notepad Chaos for a while now but the background while very pretty, is just too busy for me. Will you be adding options for a background a little less eye-popping? πŸ˜‰

Also, will the new version support threaded comments?

• 11 years ago

I use the Chaos theme for Blogger. I first saw it featured on Smashing and was beyond Wowed! This is MY perfect fav theme of them all. To here you’re bettering it is awesome yet I’m pouting that you’re not gonna re-vamp it for Blogger. I’m having trouble re-naming the top three linkbars (HOME etc..) they link to absolutly nothing now and I’m not tech savvy enough to figure out where in the code to add the URLs I want. Also I have trouble displaying date and time on this theme…

I hate to have to mix and match themes, but I might have to to get the best of each part of the themes i love. The backround you made is the best I’ve ever seen and trust me I’ve gone through a LOT of themes!!!!

Glad to have found your link in the code to come by here. Look forward to seeing the new version!

• tia
    11 years ago

Is ther a timeframe for the release of the new version? I am trying to use with wordpress 2.7 and the background doesn’t show up for me at all. only the main content portion.

Anyone else have a problem with htis or have a way to fix it?

• tia
    11 years ago

I found the problem i was having. the div “container” was missing the background image. the background image was specified in a body div instead and wasn’t appearing. When i moved the background inside the contain div in the css file it started working properly.

Wanted to mention how i fixed it in case anyone else has the same problem as I was troubleshooting this for a few hours before I figured it out.

Thanks.

• 11 years ago

Hi Evan, wonderful theme. I will use it as soon and sidebar items can be added. Any idea when it will be ready to download? I am going on a trip around the world soon and would like to have the blog in place. Let me know please. Thank you.

• 11 years ago

heyy
    i m really in love with this theme ! πŸ™‚ n looking forward to 2nd version. please consider if possible to add more usability of widgets with the new one.

thanks in advance. keep up the good work !

• edy
    11 years ago

yeah… can’t wait for updated version
    thanks for your great theme πŸ™‚

• Dreamkingdom
    11 years ago

Hope to see the update soon. I’m using your theme for my blog and it’s so wonderful!

• Mario
    11 years ago

Hi Evan, I think I can speak for everyone when asking for an estimated release date. It would be nice to know, especially for me as I am gearing for my trip and need to settle on a blog design. Thank you

• Mario
    11 years ago

Thank you for your prompt response.

• 11 years ago

great, I am looking forward!

• 11 years ago

Hi Evan, I’m a big fan of your theme! But I have a problem: I started my blog with another theme, and now that I switched to yours I can’t manage to use the “about” page, nor “archive” and “links” and “misc”. Well, I’m a mess πŸ™
    Can you direct me to some kind of tutorial? Or should I just wait for the “1.5”?

Thank you a lot for the good work, and sorry for the trouble.

• Stian
    11 years ago

Great theme. Hope development of the next version goes well. I’m really looking forward to it!

• 11 years ago

I love this theme too, can’t wait until the new one! It’s appreciated!

• 11 years ago

This is a fantastic theme, and I am really looking forward to the new version!

In the meantime, I am trying to use the current version and have not been able to get it to show up in my Available WordPress themes.

I have downloaded and uninstalled it a few different times to see if I was doing something wrong, but nothing seems to be working.

Is anyone else having this kind of problem? If so, is there a way to fix it?

Should it work on any WP version?

Thank you for any and all help!

• 11 years ago

I started working with WordPress today. I learnt Joomla earlier this year and I figured I had to give WP a try as well .. and it’s so easy! ^^
    Aside from being lyrical about wp, I’m totally blown away by the notepad chaos design. It fits my personality like a glove XD

I’m really looking forward to the update (tags, pages, widgets?) Thanks for the theme, and I wish you all the best,

— Karen

• 11 years ago

Great design. We use it for our travel blog and it’s perfect. It took me a little while to find the update, but it’s greatly appreciated.

• Ivy
    11 years ago

Evan, you are amazing! I just stumbled upon this theme and love it for my blog. I’ve been researching how to widgetize it and boom, you do it! Amazing dude! I’m in the process of a major maketing (social media form of course) my blog and would love to include shoutouts to you for your awesome work! Do you have a button or advertisement or anything you’d like me to put up for you?

Rock steady!